Updated on May 31, 2021
The U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a framework of data protection principles and supplemental principles to enable U.S. companies to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data transferred from the EEA to the U.S. (“EU-U.S. Privacy Shield”). Voice highly respects the privacy of its customers, business partners and employees and recognizes the requirement for appropriate protection and proper management of personal information provided. Voice on behalf of itself and its wholly-owned U.S. domiciled entities, has made a decision to voluntarily adhere to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles recognized by the EEA as providing adequate data protection. Voice complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as agreed upon between the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission regarding the collection, usage, retention and removal of personal information from European Union member countries. Voice certifies that it adheres to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for onward transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose limitation, Access, Recourse, Enforcement and Liability as well as the Supplemental Principles of the Framework.
Voice Adheres to All the Mentioned Privacy Shield Principles
This privacy statement describes how Voice Focus LLC collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website: www.Voice.co. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should first contact us at email@example.com
1.1 Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as, Name, E-mail address, Mailing Address, Phone number
- Billing Information such as, Credit Card number and Billing Address.
- Unique Identifiers such as User name, Account number, Passwords
- Preferences Information such as Product wish lists, Order history, Marketing preferences
- Information about your business such as Company name, Company size, Business type.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
1.2 We Use This Information to
- Fulfill your order
- Send you order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you catalogs
- Send you newsletters
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information Sharing
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share your personal information with companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- If Voice Focus LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
2.1 Sharing with trusted third parties
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
3. Communicating with You
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by signing into your account and visiting “Account Settings” page.
If you make use of a service that allows you to import contacts (ex. using email marketing services to send emails on your behalf), we will only use the contacts and any other personal information for the requested service. If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. Transfer of Personal Data Abroad
5. Sharing your billing Information with Third parties
5.1 Google Checkout
5.3 Third Party E-Commerce Solutions Provider
Our shopping cart is hosted by our e-commerce solutions provider. They host our ordering system and collect your billing information directly from you for the purpose of processing your order. This company does not use this information for any other purpose.
6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
7. Web beacons
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs)and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients.
This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
8. Links to Other Websites
Our Site includes links to other Websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Voice Focus LLC. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Website you visit.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We follow globally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide two means for you to make a purchase on our site. You can either use our order from or a third party payment option. If you use our shopping cart, the transmission of sensitive information collected on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you choose to use a third party payment option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
We use the restricted scopes only to enhance the usage of the features for our users. We’ve explained all the necessity of using the scopes in our blog posts. We never transfer the users’ data. We always comply with applicable laws. Moreover, the data is stored in an encrypted form. Using the users’ data for advertising will not be permitted at any means. We also prohibit accessing the users’ data by the employees except for resolving technical issues, aggregating data to be made available to the users, and for security purposes. We abide by the rules of GDPR and other applicable laws.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, unless otherwise specified by you.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
10. Usage of 3rd Party Services for Data Sources
11. Compliance with Legal, Regulatory and Law Enforcement Requests.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of the legal process. We will also share your information to the extent necessary to comply with ICANN or any ccTLD rules, regulations and policies when you register a domain name with us.
12. Website Analytics
We use multiple web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analysis, Facebook Audiences, Facebook Connect, G2Crowd, Drift and PureChat to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information, and have live chat capability with our visitors.
We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (ex: Google for Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside.
13. Additional Policy Information
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Age Restrictions
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
15. Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices at any time. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
16. Compliance Process with Respect to International Data Privacy
17. Privacy Principles
Voice commits to subject the Personal information covered by this policy to the following principles:
(1) NOTICE: Where Voice collects Personal information directly from individuals, it will inform them about the purposes for which it collects, stores and processes Personal information about them, and the choices and means, if any, Voice offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal information to Voice, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Voice uses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
(2) CHOICE: Voice will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their Personal information is to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Voice will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices should requisite circumstances arise.
(3) DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION: Voice will use Personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Voice will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
(4) ACCESS AND CORRECTION: Upon request, Voice will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal information that it holds about them. In addition, Voice will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. Any employees that desire to review or update their Personal information can do so by contacting their local Human Resources Representative.
(5) SECURITY: Voice will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Voice protects data in many ways. Physical security is designed to prevent unauthorized access to database equipment and hard copies of sensitive Personal information. Electronic security measures continuously monitor access to our servers and provide protection from hacking or other unauthorized access from remote locations. This protection includes the use of firewalls, restricted access and encryption technology. Voice limits access to Personal information and data to those persons in Voice’s organization, that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such Personal information and data. Individuals who have been granted access to Personal information are aware of their responsibilities to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of that information and have been provided training and instruction on how to do so.
(6) ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ONWARD TRANSFER: Voice acts as a data controller of Personal Data collected from EU residents and may transfer data onward for processing to other countries, which may not possess Data Protection adequacy levels.
a. To transfer personal information, Voice complies with the Notice and Choice Principles of Privacy Shield Framework. Voice declares that such data is only processed for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent provided by the individual.
b. To transfer personal data outside of EU, Voice:
- Confirms that the transfer of such data is only for limited and specified purposes;
- is obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles;
- will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that it effectively processes the personal information transferred in a manner consistent with the its obligations under the Principles;
- requires to determine that it can no longer meet its obligation to provide the same level of protection as is required by the Principles;
- upon notice, will undertake reasonable and appropriate steps to stop and remediate unauthorized processing; and
- will provide a summary or a representative copy of the relevant privacy provisions to the Department upon request.
(7) RECOURSE, ENFORCEMENT, and LIABILITY: Voice’s participation in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is subject to investigation and enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Voice commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Data. Data Subjects with inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Shield Policy should first contact Voice at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under certain conditions detailed in the Privacy Shield, Data Subjects may be able to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission. Voice agrees to periodically review and verify its compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, and to remedy any issues arising out of failure to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles. We commit to investigate and attempt to remedy all valid complaints.
A. Employee Recourse: Employees may file a complaint concerning Voice’s processing of their Personal Data. Voice will take steps to remedy issues arising out of its alleged failure to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles. Employees may contact Voice about complaints regarding Voice’s Personal Data practices.
If an Employee’s complaint cannot be resolved through Voice’s internal processes, Voice will cooperate with the panel of EU data protection authorities established pursuant to the Privacy Shield to address relevant Employee complaints and provide Employees with appropriate recourse free of charge.
B. Consumer Recourse: Consumer Recourse: Consumers may file a complaint concerning Voice’s processing of their Personal Data. Voice will take steps to remedy issues arising out of its alleged failure to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles. Consumers may contact Voice about complaints regarding Voice’s Consumer Personal Data practices.
Voice also is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. It provides, at no cost to the individual, an independent recourse mechanism by which each individual’s complaints and disputes can be investigated and expeditiously resolved.
Voice also has the Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) which forms part of the End User License and Services Agreement (the “Agreement”) between Customer and Voice, to reflect the parties’ agreement about the Processing of Personal Data, when applicable, in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Laws and Regulations.
18. Dispute Resolution
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal information should be directed to the Voice Data Protection and Privacy Office. Voice will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy. For complaints that cannot be resolved between Voice and the complainant, Voice has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the panel established by the EU data protection authorities and to cooperate and comply with the Information Commissioner to resolve disputes pursuant to the relevant privacy principles. In some circumstances, complainants may be able to appeal these decisions by invoking binding arbitration. All of these dispute resolution mechanisms are free of charge to you.